f you’re like most people, you probably dread the thought of termites. These crawling insects are notorious for destroying buildings, and they can be a real pain to get rid of. In this article, we’ll show you five things that can help attract termites – and make the process of getting rid of them a little bit easier. So if you’re looking to get rid of them for good, read on!
What Attracts Termites?
There are a few things that termites like in order to live and thrive. These include moisture, food, warmth, and shelter.
Termites are attracted to moist environments because this is where they can digest their food. They also need plenty of water in order to prevent their mound from collapsing. Termites can survive in dry environments, but it’s much harder for them to reproduce.
Termites are also attracted to food source because this is where they get the energy they need to work and build colonies. The most common foods that termites consume are wood fibers and cellulose materials. However, they will also eat other things if they find them available, such as leaves or fruit.
Termites require warmth to survive during the winter months. This means that they will try to find warm areas within the colony where they can hibernate or stay active during the coldest parts of the year. They will also use warm tunnels underground as shelters from the weather.
Why Do We Need to Stop Attracting Termites?
Termites are an invasive species that is damaging and destroying many ecosystems around the world. They are especially harmful to wooden buildings, furniture, and other objects that contain natural wood materials.
There are a few reasons why we need to stop attracting termites:
- Termites damage structures much faster than they can rebuild them. This means that they cause huge financial losses for homeowners and businesses alike.
- They also transmit various diseases, which can be deadly if not treated correctly.
- Termites create large amounts of waste which pollute the environment. This makes it difficult for other organisms to survive and can lead to further damage to ecosystems.
5 Unwanted Things We Do to Attract Termites
There are many things that people do to attract termites, but the five most common are as follows:
- Install fake lumber or drywall near the foundation of your home. Termites will preferentially attack these materials, thinking they’re food.
- Store wood improperly – in damp areas, for example – Termites love to build their nests in moist environments.
- Allow tree roots to grow into your home’s foundations – This provides termite access to moisture and food as they excavate below the surface.
- Fill in cracks and crevices around your home with mortar or concrete – This prevents water and air from entering the building and spoiling it, which is a major attraction for Termites.
- Use toxic pesticides or other chemicals nearby – These can poison the termites and make them sick, which is another thing that they’ll actively seek out in order to survive.
This is what can be considered the worst truth revealed by science. These 5 things that we mentioned before are nothing but a sin when it comes to termite attacks and prevention. If you want to stay safe, avoid these habits in your home too!
But if you’re impossible from avoiding them, then at least make sure to do all the inspections and preventions regularly so that no serious damage occurs.